Looking for some holiday recipes to make this season with your family and friends? Nothing says holidays (or smells like the holidays) more than gingerbread cookies. Bake them while sipping on White Christmas Margaritas to really get into the holiday spirit!
- 3cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4teaspoon salt
- 1tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 3⁄4teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4teaspoon ground cloves
- 6tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3⁄4cup dark brown sugar
- 1large egg
- 1⁄2cup molasses
- 2teaspoons vanilla
- 1teaspoon finely grated lemon zest (optional)
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves until well blended.
- In a large bowl (KitchenAid's great for this) beat butter, brown sugar, and egg on medium speed until well blended.
- Add molasses, vanilla, and lemon zest and continue to mix until well blended.
- Gradually stir in dry ingredients until blended and smooth.
- Divide dough in half and wrap each half in plastic and let stand at room temperature for at least 2 hours or up to 8 hours.
- Prepare baking sheets by lining with parchment paper.
- (Dough can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days, but in this case it should be refrigerated. Return to room temp before using.) Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place 1 portion of the dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Sprinkle flour over dough and rolling pin.
- Roll dough to a scant 1/4-inch thick.
- Use additional flour to avoid sticking.
- Cut out cookies with desired cutter-- the ginger bread man is our favorite of course.
- Space cookies 1 1/2-inches apart.
- Bake 1 sheet at a time for 7-10 minutes (the lower time will give you softer cookies-- very good!).
- Remove cookie sheet from oven and allow the cookies to stand until the cookies are firm enough to move to a wire rack.
- After cookies are cool you may decorate them any way you like.
White Christmas Margaritas
- 1 (14-oz.) can coconut milk
- 12 oz. silver tequila
- 8 oz. triple sec
- 1/2 c. lime juice
- 2 c. ice
- 1/2 c. Mint, for garnish
- 1 lime, sliced into rounds for garnish
- Lime wedge, for rimming glass
- Sanding sugar, for rimming glass
- Cranberries, for garnish
- Combine coconut milk, tequila, triple sec, lime juice and ice in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Rim glasses with lime wedge and dip in sanding sugar. Pour into glass and garnish with lime and cranberries.
- Serve cold and ENJOY!